Learn about all of the latest product updates, every week
New ID document countries, Screening timeline improvements, and a new Screening watchlist 🌏
🇬🇧 UK Her Majesty's Treasury Consolidated List of Sanctions (API code:
UK_HMC) is now available for screening entities
Added additional supported countries for ID document verification:
- 🇦🇪 United Arab Emirates (Driver's License, ID Card, Passport, Residency Permit Card)
- 🇧🇭 Bahrain (Driver's License, ID Card, Passport, Residency Permit Card)
- 🇱🇰 Sri Lanka (Driver's License, ID Card, Passport)
- 🇹🇨 Turks and Caicos Islands (Driver's License, ID Card, Passport)
- Enhanced Flow's device fingerprinting reliability
- Added additional "Add new countries or territories" in "Assign countries" for ease of access
- Improved quality of 🇮🇳 Indian Lightning verifications
- Improved the layout of profile changes in the Screening timeline
- Added additional detail to assignments in the Screening timeline
- Fixed a bug where the Flow error page would render incorrectly
- Fixed bug where Central America was not showing in the Flow workflow configuration editor
- Fixed a bug in the Screening timeline where the before and after values of profile edits were shown in the wrong order
Revamped Flow configuration, Screening speed and accuracy, and a new watchlist ⚙️
We have completely revamped how you manage which countries are part of your Flow and their associated verification behaviors. This makes managing and understanding the behavior of a large number of countries significantly easier.
Configurations are now grouped by profiles which are in turn assigned to countries. This means you can edit the behaviors of multiple countries at once.
🇦🇺 Australia DFAT Consolidated List of Sanctions (API code:
AU_CON) is now available for screening entities
- Significantly improved Screening results with better handling of single token aliases provided by government authorities. Based on our testing, the new handling reduces false positives by 10 - 15%.
- We've reduced the number of network requests that are made when loading a Screening customer page making it speedier to load
- Clearer messages during Flow verification failures (no longer directing customers to contact support if they fail)
- Added support for delivering SMS verifications in China
- Fixed an issue when attempting to reflow a session that is currently pending review
- Fixed an issue where OCR's ID document names were not being properly handled when they can't be split into consitutent parts (first/last name)
- Fixed an issue where ID document sharpness could not be determined causing errors during verification
New API docs, Screening improvements, and prep work for this week's release 📕
We've been working hard on a number of Screening, Flow, and Identity improvements that will start rolling out this week that we're excited to share with you. In the meantime, enjoy the bug fixes and improved stability!
- We released our brand new API documentation. This brings unity and clarity to our product offering and brings dark mode to our API guides. We're continuing to expand on our API documentation heavily in the coming weeks to make integration easier than ever.
- Improved behavior and design when submitting Screening reviews, no longer defaulting to "Confirm" for all hits
- Increased the number of Screening hits you can review at one time from 25 to 50
- Fixed the style of Flow sessions that only have one timeline item in them
- Fixed an issue where front end and backend validations for a postal code were mismatched
- Fixed an issue with sending a high volume of SMS verifications at once
- Fixed a rare issue with ID doc verifications when glare is present in the document
- Fixed an error that can occur when a session with the same
customer_referenceis created in rapid succession
Less input repetition for reflows, new lists for screening entities, and bug fixes ⏩
- Released new API format for Flow sessions and a handful of deprecations, which are documented on our API Guides
- The API is currently in the "Soft Deprecation" phase, meaning we return a forwards-compatible API response so you can upgrade your code without downtime.
- The "Hard Deprecation" date is September 24th, 2021
When reflowing a customer, Flow now intelligently inherits PII that the customer has already provided, or prompts them to re-enter information depending on the kind of reflow that is occurring. This reduces unnecessary input repetition for your customers while still allowing you to ask customers for corrected information when required.
🇨🇦 Canada Consolidated List of Sanctions (API code:
CA_CON) is now available for screening entities
🇺🇳 United Nations Consolidated List (API code:
IZ_UNC) is now available for screening entities
- Released significantly improved documentation for Hybrid Flows to help you understand how inputs are validated and what combinations are possible across various countries
- Improved OCR behavior to account for more variation in how passports are photographed
- Improved behavior of ID document image cropping on Flow
- Added support for verifying horizontal Guam drivers licenses
- Added better document value normalizing for Screening. This results in significantly better matching when providing inconsistently formatted SSNs, passport numbers, business numbers, and more. We normalize the values on the source watchlist data as well as your inputs to increase reliability.
- Improved ID number extraction handling for passports on Flow
- Improved the design and clarity of in-progress flow sessions on the dashboard
- Fixed issue with Hybrid Flow sessions getting stuck on sandbox
- Fixed an issue where fallback behaviors were unreliable when specific country configurations were present
Hybrid Flows: Verify users via API and dynamically handle fallbacks and exceptions via UI ☯️
We're excited to announce the release of the Hybrid Flow beta. Hybrid Flows are one of our most requested features, allowing you to pass Cognito any data you have already collected about your users (name, email, date of birth, phone, address, and even ID numbers like the United States' SSN, Canada's SIN, Mexico's CURP, etc.) so that you do not need to re-prompt users for already-collected data.
If a country supports Lightning Verification and you supply all of the necessary information, users can be verified without ever displaying the Flow UI. If a user can't be verified purely with Lightning, or your workflow requires additional steps, you can then drop users directly onto the next step seamlessly.
Hybrid Flows unlock the potential for you to verify the majority of customers using your own native UIs and still have dynamic fallbacks and exceptions be handled with the Flow UI, significantly reducing integration and maintenance complexity. They also work perfectly when used alongside our managed UI - allowing you to start a session via API and then optionally work directly with customers via support using our "link to Flow" hosted verification UI.
You can learn about how to pass data to your Flow sessions on our API reference.
- Improved style and behavior of scrolling on the dashboard sidebar when you have a lot of Screening programs or Flow templates
- Improved underlying reliability of our search nodes for Screening
- Fixed an issue with missing glare indicators for ID document verification
- Fixed an issue with resuming a Flow during the SMS verification step causing an error